Monday, July 15, 2013

Ode To Writer's Block

I swore I'd write something

I really did.

The intent was there.

But now we are on hour 23.25/24 of the day and I am sitting here with absolutely nothing.

Because I got up this morning to run. Well...to walk quickly.

And then I went to my job.

Where I learned that apparently my customers have lots of pet names for me. None of them suitable for this blog.

And I booked a hotel for my vacation.

And I told a customer about it.

And he said, "Why the heck would you go on vacation to Louisville?"

And I told him I didn't know.

But in actuality I get to see all the people I haven't seen in a million years.

Also, my best friend.

Who I haven't seen in ten months.

Literally.

I could have conceived and brought forth a child in the time it's been since we've seen each other.

That's a long time, people.

So, I wrote all of this.

Awkwardly spaced.

So that you'll believe that it's longer than it actually is.

And that maybe I just possess extreme poetic prose.

And that maybe you won't notice that I'm so tired.

That I end this delightful literary work right in the middle of a

No comments: